Saturday, March 16, 2013

Everyone starts from somewhere!


Hey-I’m not the first person to get in shape or learn how to eat right.  As most famous last words will include “I just wish I knew then what I know now”.  But, the good news is that it’s never too late to embark on a healthy lifestyle.  I didn’t discover weight training until I was in my 30’s, became certified as a personal trainer and finally learned how to eat right.   At the age of 40, I stepped on stage for 4 figure competitions, earning my right to compete at the national level and did just that at the ripe age of 42. 
I counted up the number of diets I've been on since I was a teenager - SIX commercial diet programs and countless other wasted tricks - all a big waste of time until I learned the power was within myself- not a diet.  Once I learned to pick clean foods (not processed junk), watch my portions and give my body exercise, I realized this wasn't rocket science.  This is a commitment to my life.
So, by adding the blog feature to my website, my goal is to help motivate, inspire, educate and whatever else comes to mind. 
Now for the exciting news!  One of my local clients has agreed to have his own weight loss journey documented by me for the next 8 weeks.  We started the program 10 days ago so I will update everything that has taken place since the beginning.  I will post his own letter of introduction with current stats and program.  Each week we will update with the workouts, meal plans and challenges/obstacles he's faced for the week.  Let's face it, this journey doesn't always go as planned or without several obstacles along the way!
I hope you will subscribe to the blog and share with your friends!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



0 comments:

Followers